One of the reasons it’s so important to visit the dentist semi-annually is to detect oral cancers early when it can be treated more successfully. The exam is quick and painless; you simply relax in our treatment chair as we evaluate your face, neck, lips, tongue, and mouth.
Signs of Oral Cancer
There are common signs of oral cancer, including:
- Swelling or thickening of the lips, gums, or inner cheeks
- Rough or crusty areas
- White, red, or speckled patches inside the mouth
- Unexplained oral bleeding, numbness, or pain
- Persistent sores that bleed easily and do not heal
- A feeling that something is stuck in the back of your throat
If you have any of the above symptoms, don’t panic, but contact us as soon as possible. Only a professional can determine if your symptoms are related to oral cancer or something else entirely.