Porcelain veneers are thin shells (about the thickness of the candy shell of an M&M) that are made of high-quality ceramic and designed to permanently fit perfectly over the front surface of your teeth. Veneers are a conservative, non-invasive way to correct:
- Gaps between teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Stained teeth that do not respond to whitening treatments
- Teeth that are too rounded or squared
- Teeth that are too short
- Teeth that are slightly crooked
- And more…
They are the perfect way to not only enhance the shape and appearance of your teeth, they also create brilliant white smiles!
Veneer placement is relatively simple. Once your dentist determines that you’re a candidate, the following will occur:
- A micro-thin layer (the same thickness of the veneer) will be removed from the surface of your teeth to prepare the surface.
- An impression of your prepared teeth will be taken to insure that the veneers fit perfectly.
- Your veneers will be customized to your specifications.
- When your veneers arrive, you will return to the dentist to have them permanently bonded to the front surface of your prepared teeth.
- You will leave our office with a beautiful white smile!
If you’ve considered changing the appearance of your teeth but assumed the procedure would be elaborate and expensive, veneers are an ideal solution for you. Contact us today to learn more about the transformative power of dental veneers.