Do you wish could change the shape of your teeth? Are you tired of dealing with cracked or chipped teeth? Dental veneers are a solution for such issues. Veneers are customized shells made of porcelain that are attached to the front of your teeth in order to change their appearance. The dental veneer is a versatile, minimally invasive treatment option for a wide variety of dental issues.
When Are Veneers Used?
Veneers can effectively restore the look of teeth in the following conditions:
- Discolored teeth — Teeth can become discolored for many reasons including drinking coffee, smoking, root canal treatment, the use of certain medications, excessive fluoride, or the presence of large fillings.
- Worn teeth — Teeth can be ground down from regular chewing and biting. Veneers can reshape mild to moderately worn teeth.
- Chipped or broken teeth — Veneers cover damaged teeth, providing an aesthetic benefit as well as protecting the tooth from further damage.
- Misaligned or misshapen teeth — Veneers can be used to hide minor orthodontic problems. They can reshape teeth that are too rounded, squared, or short compared to the rest of the teeth.
- Gaps between teeth — If you have large spaces between your teeth, veneers can close the gap between them by resizing your teeth.
Benefits of a Porcelain Veneer
Besides providing a natural tooth appearance, the benefits of porcelain veneers include:
- Resistance to staining
- Gum tissue is less sensitive to porcelain
- Ease of maintenance — brush and floss just like your natural teeth
- Minimally invasive procedure
We are happy to restore the smiles of patients in Terra Haute, IN and the surrounding area using porcelain veneers. Please call our office to schedule an appointment to see whether this service is a good fit for your dental needs.